Scripture is the soul, shape, and content of early Christian theology. This week-long seminar will offer an intensive exploration of the foundational texts, concepts, and movements in Early Christian Biblical exegesis from 100-700 AD.
LOCATION AND FORMAT
· The seminar will be held at Windle House, hosted by the Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies at the University of St. Michael’s College in the University of Toronto.
· Meals and lodging will be provided.
· Participants will receive a stipend of up to $350 to offset travel expenses.
· Participants will arrive on Sunday, June 9 and depart on Friday, June 14.
· Participants will be provided with the relevant books.
· Fifteen applicants will be admitted to the seminar.
Working knowledge of relevant ancient languages will be helpful, but not essential. Preference will be given to Ph.D. students in theology, philosophy, classics, and other relevant fields of study, though advanced M.A. students will be considered.
There will be two sessions each day in the morning and in the afternoon. Each session will include lectures and seminar-style discussions. Students will be expected to prepare the readings carefully and participate in the discussions of the material.
The application deadline is February 2, 2024. Contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.